Yoga nidra is known as yogic sleep & is one of the easiest meditation practices to develop & maintain. While resting comfortably in corpse pose, this type of meditation takes you through the five layers of self, leaving you with a sense of wholeness. Our Yoga nidra will be accompanied by aromatherapy, live music by Brie Paige of Butterfly Beats as well as Reiki energy for a full calming experience on all levels of the self; spiritual, emotional, mental and physical.
Benefits of yoga nidra practice include:
• anyone can do it – since all you have to do is lay down or sit comfortably, anyone can do this practice no matter the age
• you cannot get it wrong – since all you have to do is follow the guiding voice & absorb benefits through the unconscious mind even if you fall asleep, there really is no way to fail at this practice
• easy to incorporate into every day life – since there are no special tools required, special skills or even time restrictions, you can incorporate this easily into a busy schedule; as a bedtime ritual simply tune into one of the free apps or YouTube videos available
• simple way to reduce stress – since it promotes deep rest & relaxation that isn’t found in your average meditation practice, the stages of body scan & breath awareness alone can calm the nervous system, leading to less stress & better health
• opportunity for some self-learning – since it offers space to privately explore what you might need in the moment & an opportunity to work on releasing long-held emotions, this practice allows you to experience an emotion & come face-to-face with what you want to overcome, without diving in it so deeply that you become overwhelmed
Reiki is a Japanese technique that is used to heal physical and mental trauma, and to support mental clarity and spiritual well-being. It is believed that a person’s “qi” or energy should be strong and free flowing. When this is true a person’s body and mind is in a positive state of health. When the energy becomes weak or blocked it could lead to symptoms of physical or emotional imbalance.
No meditation experience required!
Facilitated by: Ali of Soul Healing Essentials, Usui and Karuna Ki Reiki Master. Brie Paige of Butterfly Beats (website coming soon)
Suggestions: Yoga mat, blanket, pillow and water. You will be laying down for the full session so bringing extra cushion is encouraged for ultimate relaxation.
Brie Paige can be found at the following links:
Fb: Brie Paige